Buying a home or a commercial building? Lawyers Title & Escrow Services provides full title services. Is it a cash deal and need to settle quickly. We can handle a settlement within 3-5 days. Submit your title order online and we can start working on your title order and get you to settlement quickly. Just attach your contract and complete the form online.
As a buyer, title insurance protects you against:
- Confusion from similarity of names
- Forged documents and other types of fraud
- Signature of minors mentally incompetent persons
- Mistakes in recording legal documents
- Defective or ineffective documents
- Undisclosed or missing heirs, unprobated Wills
- Effect of divorces and other court proceedings
- Misrepresentation of marital status
- Unpaid taxes
- Clerical errors in public records
- Defects, liens or encumbrances occurring before the customary title search period
- Overlooked or misinterpreted documents
- Unauthorized transactions by a trustee or a person acting under a power of attorney.*
*Note: this information is a summary of he benefits available under a WFG title insurance policy that is offered to buyer. Please refer to the policy itself to determine the exact benefits and the exclusions from coverage
One Low Premium
A low, one-time premium is all you pay to obtain the protection and peace of mind of WFG policy offered by Lawyers Title & Escrow Services. So long as ownership remains in your name or that of your heirs, there is no additional cost. The policy issued in an amount equal to the purchase price you paid. Of course, the greater the coverage given, the higher the premium.
If you would like a quote of our fees, feel free to call or email us. We are here to help. We can explain to you any of the other costs you may be faced with at settlement, which is standard for a sale. For example, what are the transfer and recordation costs and how are they calculated, the real estate taxes or the recording charges.
We also can travel to you for settlement. If it is difficult for you to travel, let us know when you order title from us and we can accommodate your reasonable request.
Preparing for Settlement:
- Bring current photo identification. Some lenders require two forms of identification.
- Your funds need to be wired to Lawyers Title & Escrow Services prior to settlement. Contact us, we can help.
- You will want to reach out to your utility companies and cable companies to get them scheduled prior to settlement.
- If you need special accommodations, let us know. We are here to help.